Welcome to Senroy Counselling
Our counsellors are trained professionals with the gifts necessary to assist clients in identifying strategies to deal with personal issues in a non judgemental and manner using evidence based verbal and creative therapeutic modalities.
Priya Senroy MA, DMT, CCC
Priya is a Certified Canadian Counsellor, based in Toronto, Canada,with over 15 years of experience of working in the mental health and disability sector. She has a Masters degree in Drama and Movement Therapy from UK as well as a Certificate in Cybercounselling from the University of Toronto and Therapyonline.
- Solution Focussed Brief Counselling.
- Client Centred and Client led.
- Uses Creative Arts Therapy and Therapeutic Storytelling as non-directive ways of expression
- Confidential with exceptions.
Children,Youth and Adults with out serious mental health issues.
- Personal growth.
- Grief and loss.
- Relationship issues.
- Managing stress.
- Life transitions and career changes.
- Goal Setting
- Communication issues.
The counselling services are offered in whichever format is most convenient for you.
Face to Face: In person conversations with your counsellor in the office
Email exchanges/phone: Conversations with your counsellor wherever you have an internet or phone connection.
Skype: Converse with your counsellor face to face from anywhere in the world.
Please use the contact page to book an appointment.
English, Hindi and Bengali.
- Inside out : a case study using masks and the sesame approach of drama therapy with South Asian women recovering from depression / Priyadarshini Senroy
The labyrinth of depression and the thread of support : using storytelling with girls experiencing homelessness and also diagnosed with depression / Sonali Senroy in The use of creative therapies in treating depression Springfield, IL: Charles C. Thomas Publishers. 2015 To Purchase , please visit: http://www.ccthomas.com/details.cfm?P_ISBN13=9780398081287
- Using Panchantatra Fables to Teach Social Skills to Children with Learning Disability , Priyadarshini Senroy in THERAPISTS CREATING A CULTURAL TAPESTRY: Using the Creative Therapies Across Cultures. Springfield, IL: Charles C. Thomas Publishers. 2015 To Purchase , please visit: http://www.ccthomas.com/details.cfm?P_ISBN13=9780398081485
- Using expressive arts therapy with young male offenders recovering from substance abuse in a de-addiction setup in India / Priyadarshini Senroy in The Use of the Creative Therapies with Chemical Dependency Issues Charles C Thomas Pub Ltd 2010 To Purchase , please visit: http://www.ccthomas.com/details.cfm?P_ISBN13=9780398078614
- Using play-based intervention strategies among children with autism spectrum disorder in early intervention settings / Sonali Senroy and Priyadarshini Senroy in The use of the creative therapies with autism spectrum disorders ed Charles C. Thomas, Publisher 2009 To Purchase , please visit:http://www.ccthomas.com/details.cfm?P_ISBN13=9780398078911
- Nourishing the inner child: the sesame approach of drama and movement therapy with teens recovering from disordered eating, Priyadarshini Senroy in The creative therapies and eating disorders ed Charles C Thomas Publisher 2008 To Purchase , please visit: https://www.ccthomas.com/details.cfm?P_ISBN13=9780398077587
- Rediscover, Reclaim and Rejoice: The Sesame Approach of Drama and Movement Therapy with Exploited Girls in India, Priyadarshini Senroy and Sonali Senroy in Healing the Inner City Child ed Jessica Kingsley Publishers 2007 To purchase, please visit: http://www.jkp.com/uk/healing-the-inner-city-child.html BLOGS http://www.ccpa-accp.ca/blog/